How to avoid overlapping messaging from multiple email tools

Options
Heather Foeh
Heather Foeh Administrator Posts: 24 admin

Hey everyone!

I'm Julz and I work on the MOPs team here at 6sense. One of the roles that I have is to implement processes across our whole Marketing tech stack.

When we first started used Conversational Email one thing became very apparent - how to make sure that we are not sending messages to the same contact across multiple systems. Using a MAP, SEP, and CE (too many acronyms I know!) it was clear that this could happen easily without planning and some processes in place. 

The process we follow is simple in nature and that’s what makes it works well. We have a specific set of fields that we use and update via MAP, SEP and CE, and for each system we use these fields as filters to help exclude contacts who are already receiving marketing communications. 

The fields that were set up can be seen below, and these combinations are used in each of our reports before sending out communications from each system. For example, if we're using Marketo to set up a Nurture, we will exclude anyone already in a CE campaign or SalesLoft Cadence, until they have completed the CE Campaign or the SL Cadence.