Enhancement to Account Matching - Coming August 21st

Options
Heather Foeh
Heather Foeh Administrator Posts: 24 admin

Hey RevHeads! Read below for more information. 

👇️

Q: What is changing? 

A: 6sense is enhancing its account data search and matching functionality to work without a “country” designation. Historically, 6sense required you to have the “country” field populated within your CRM or MAP records. Now with this enhancement, we can bypass this restriction. 

Q: What will the account match to if no country is identified?  

A: 6sense will match the account to the organization’s global headquarters company record. For example, if your CRM has an account with only “dell.com” listed, it will be matched to “Dell US” in 6sense since Dell’s global headquarters is in the United States. 

Similarly, an account with details of “SAP” will be matched to “SAP Germany,” since SAP’s headquarters are in Germany.   

Q: Why is 6sense doing this?  

A: 6sense continuously strives to for a seamless connection to your CRM (and related systems), and to provide rich insights for as many accounts as possible. 

We’ve enhanced our backend data to a degree where we can confidently ascertain the global headquarters for all companies in the dataset. Now that we’ve completed a thorough internal quality check of the data, we want our customers to enjoy these benefits. 

Q: How do these enhancements impact the 6sense experience? What improvements should I expect? 

A: This enhancement improves the 6sense capabilities that utilize company accounts, such as: 

• More accounts to search within 6sense 
  • If you’re using CRM or MAP filters, more accounts available in segments to analyze or to target with campaigns 
  • Increased accuracy in data workflows, as accounts without a country designation can now be identified and potentially matched  
  • More accounts available for 6sense models to consume. Some accounts in the profile fit model may move from weak to stronger fits. (For Predictive customers) 
  • More accounts available for 6QA 

Some use cases to keep in mind are:

Display Advertising: If the segment that a display campaign is using is now able to match more accounts, you may use your budget faster because the segment will be larger

BDR/AE prospecting: If your sales team uses 6QAs for prioritization, and we are able to match intent to more accounts, you might see an increase in 6QAd accounts.

Orchestrations: If your ops team runs enrichment orchestrations using segments, you may see more accounts qualify to be enriched

Q: Does the enhancement impact my existing matched accounts (i.e. those with a country)? 

A: No. This enhancement only impacts accounts in which the country designation is missing. If your existing account had a country and was matched before, this mapping will not change.  

Q: Will 6sense match all records in CRM/MAP now?  

A: No, 6sense still requires a name (and/or domain) to match your accounts. Consider an instance in which a CRM account is missing a country but has a name. If we cannot find any account in our system with the same name, then it won’t be matched. 

Q: Will 6sense match if the country designation is wrong? 

A: No. 6sense will respect the fidelity of the data from your CRM or MAP. This means an existing country value will not be ignored. 

For example, if there is an account with the name “Apple” and country “Afghanistan” in your CRM, there won’t be a match for it because there is no Apple account in Afghanistan. 6sense won’t automatically match it to “Apple-US.” However, if the account in the CRM was named “Apple” with no/blank country, then 6sense will automatically match it to Apple-US. 

Q: Do we still need to enrich domain & country for our CRM accounts?

A: Having accurate domains and country fields with 100% fill rates will provide the highest account matching. The above enhancement does not replace the need to enrich CRM Account fields.

Q: Will I have to make changes in my system to benefit from this enhancement? 

A: No, these changes will be applied automatically. 

Q: Can I keep my existing process (i.e., keep those without country unmatched)? 

A: No. To ensure a consistent user experience, these changes will be applied across 6sense for all customers. 

Read more about our account data here